Hypnotherapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Your Town
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) causes persistent fatigue (exhaustion) that affects everyday life and doesn’t seem to go away with adequate sleep or rest.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is also known as ME, which stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis. It is considered a serious condition that can cause long-term illness and disability, but the majority of people, in particular younger sufferers, will improve over time.
Who is affected by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
It is estimated that around 250,000 people in the UK may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and anyone can develop the condition, although it is reported to be more common in women than men.
It usually develops in people in the 20 to 40 age range although children can also be affected.
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Although most cases of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are classified as mild or moderate, one in four people can develop more severe symptoms.
- Mild CFS – you’re generally able to care for yourself, but may need occasional days off work to rest
- Moderate CFS – you may find moving difficult, have disturbed sleep patterns and may need to sleep in the afternoon
- Severe CFS – you may have difficulty concentrating on anything other than very basic tasks and feel like you have a significantly reduced mobility
Other common symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome may include:
- Muscular pain, joint pain and severe headaches
- Poor short-term memory and concentration
- Stomach pains and other problems similar to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- A sore throat
- A sensitivity or intolerance to bright light or loud noises
What Causes Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Although the actual cause seems to be unknown, there are various theories including:
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Immune system problems
- Hormone Imbalance
- Psychological causes
Hypnotherapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Therapists have been offering Hypnotherapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for the last few years. Today, Hypnotherapy is supported by scientific evidence that shows how helpful this complementary therapy can be.
However, Hypnotherapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is NOT a “magical Cure”. This is because your personality, your willingness to change and a number of other factors play a significant role in how well any type of therapy works.
Because Hypnosis is very relaxing and provides a high degree of self-insight, most people find that just being able to relax more is a significant part of getting better. The more relaxed you become, the easier you will find it to solve your Chronic Fatigue Syndrome problems.
What are you waiting for?
Hypnotherapy Your Town
Tel: +44 (0)7768 403291
All conditions that may be helped using Hypnotic Techniques also require the use of willpower - Hypnotherapy is not magic and can only help you to make changes if you have a strong desire to change and put in a maximum effort.